HURRICANE SANDY!!!

So although I live in an area that probably wont be largely affected by Hurricane Sandy, it is a pretty big deal for those who live on the east coast of the U.S, which includes New York. The storm brings heavy rainfall, storm surges, rising tides, huge waves and much more. A State of Emergency has been called in Lower Manhattan, District of Columbia, Coney Island, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, etc… As of writing this post it is approaching Washington D.C and New York and is expected to reach land by Tonight (October 29th 2012). Snowfall is also a possibility due to the cold climate in this area. This hurricane is affecting the whole ocean, meaning that even people in Florida, will have dangerous tides and water levels. It is also expected that many surrounding states that aren’t affected by the storm, will have lots of rainfall for the next week or so. I happen to find hurricanes fascinating so this is very interesting to me.  If you were in an area that has a 40% chance of getting hit by a hurricane, would you evacuate, or would you wait it out? Leave an answer in the comment section below. Meanwhile in Washington, things are getting pretty crazy.

UPDATE!

So Hurricane Sandy has hit the coast of New York and surrounding regions which resulted in major flooding and millions of citizens without power.  The Hurricane has slowed down and is finishing its run. Hurricane Sandy is effecting many people even where I live, which is thousands of miles away from the storm. Where I am there very high winds and it has been raining for 3 days straight.  Although many people have evacuated from New York, there still is many people who decided to stay, and my thoughts and prayers are with them.

For more info on Hurricane Sandy Click HERE.    CHALLENGE 7     IMAGE SOURCE